Clean, safe drinking water is scarce. We are living today in a world that nearly 1 billion people do not have access to it. Water is the base and essence of our life. Still today, in whole Africa, far too many people spend their entire day searching for clean water.
ALIF is providing remote villages and vulnerable communities with access to clean safe drinking water:
- Safe water source and sanitation facilities
- Installation of water hand pumps
- Community Wells & Deep Water Bores
- Hygiene and sanitation training
No Access to Clean Water
- Having no access to clean water for 1 Billion People in the world
- Almost one-fifth of the world’s population, live in areas of water scarcity
Lack access to a toilet
- 2.4 billion, 1 in 3, lack access to a toilet.
- In developing countries, 80% of illnesses are linked to poor water and sanitation conditions.
Death of Children
- Every 90 seconds a child dies
- Water-borne diseases kill more children under five than malaria, measles, & HIV/AIDS – combined.
A hand pump for a family or a well or water station for a community can transform lives. Clean and safe water improves health; it provides security and stability; it frees women and children from the daily chore of walking for hours to obtain water. That time can be devoted instead to pursuing education and livelihoods. For a donor who provides clean water as Sadaqah Jariyah, there are the rewards of ongoing blessings for themselves and their loved ones.